EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
· Carry out operations on vectors: addition, subtraction, scalar multiplication
· Define and perform Dot and Cross products and their basic applications
· Differentiate vector/scalar fields and apply them in differential geometry.
· Determine Gradient, Divergence and Curl using vector notation of the operator del.
· Apply vector integration to determine line integrals, surface and volume integrals.
· Apply the concepts of line, surface and volume integrals in definitions and derivation of the Green's, Stock's and Divergence theorems.
· Describe and apply curvilinear coordinates to gradient, divergence and curl.
- Teacher: Juma Zevick